Table of Contents
What can government do to reduce accident?
Setting up of model driving training institutes in States and refresher training to drivers of Heavy Motor Vehicle in the unorganized sector. Advocacy/Publicity campaign on road safety through the electronic and print media. Tightening of safety standards for vehicles like Seat Belts, anti-lock braking system etc.
How can we decrease accidents?
IMPORTANT WAYS TO AVOID ACCIDENTS
- Drive in the prescribed speed limits on the various roads.
- Always put on helmets, seat belts and other safety equipments before driving a bicycle/ motor cycle/vehicle.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Never use mobile phones or ear phones while driving.
How can we reduce road accidents?
Preventing accidents is easy when you know what to do.
- Develop the right attitude about driving.
- Get as much supervised practice driving as possible.
- ALWAYS wear your safety belt.
- Underage drinking and drug use is illegal.
- Limit your passengers.
- Limit your night driving.
- Keep it slow and safe for starters.
What are the main causes to road accidents How can we reduce the road accidents?
The people should cross the roads only at zebra-crossing and traffic signals should be properly followed. Everyone should know the meaning of the traffic signals and road boards and should follow them. Always wear a helmet when riding a bike as the helmet protects the head of the person in case of any accident.
How can we prevent accidents in school?
To avoid accidents at school, generate a clear set of safety guidelines and keep an eagle eye on facilities. Train staff and students on ways to prevent accidents from happening and what to do if someone does get hurt. Create a safety committee of teachers, administrators and students.
How can you help reduce road accidents in your community and strengthen the enforcement of traffic rules and regulations?
Help prevent road traffic accidents
- Avoiding over-speeding and following speed limits.
- Avoiding drunken driving.
- Using helmets by two-wheeler drivers.
- Using seat belts and child restraints in cars.
- Improving visibility, appropriate headlights and road lightings.