Table of Contents
What barriers are you currently facing in entering or advancing your data science career?
Challenges Faced by a Data Scientist and How to Overcome Them?
- Misconception About the Role –
- Understanding the Right Metric and The KPI –
- Lack of Domain Knowledge –
- Setting up the Data Pipeline –
- Getting the Right Data –
- Proper Data Processing –
- Choosing the Right Algorithm –
- Communication of the Results –
How do you do career transition in data science?
If you’re not ready for a project…
- Start with statistics. I think statistics is so important because most machine learning concepts and data science applications revolve around statistics.
- Learn Python and SQL. If you’re more of an R kind of guy, go for it.
- Learn linear algebra fundamentals.
- Learn data manipulation.
What is the problem with data science?
There might be some issues ranging from hidden data and insufficient data volume to less data variety. It is a kind of challenge to gain permission for accessing the data from various businesses. You also need to know how dangerous are fake chargers and its consequences.
What are some of the key challenges encountered during data analysis?
12 Challenges of Data Analytics and How to Fix Them
- The amount of data being collected.
- Collecting meaningful and real-time data.
- Visual representation of data.
- Data from multiple sources.
- Inaccessible data.
- Poor quality data.
- Pressure from the top.
- Lack of support.
How long does it take to become a data scientist?
Never believe in claims which promises to make you a data scientist in less than 3/6/12 months. Every career has its own path of learning curve and data science is no exception to it. This article was aimed mostly for the people who want to enter into data sciences / analytics with considerable work experience.
How did you transition from being a mainframe programmer to data scientist?
I had two stages of transition from being a mainframe programmer to getting into data sciences – First one was undergoing a one year programme and the other being the challenges that I face during the day to day work.
Is data science not the job I want after all?
If you’re a complete beginner, then by definition, you don’t actually know what data science is, so it’s entirely possible that it isn’t the job you want after all. Reach out to some data scientists on LinkedIn, and offer to buy them a coffee & chat.
How long does it take to become an analytics / big data?
The rosy picture (recruiters running behind you) you thought, would be at least 3 – 5 years away. The first few years would be very arduous. More so, if you don’t need to be an Individual Contributor in your current role. Analytics / Big data is a knowledge intensive domain. You can do well only if you gain knowledge and work hard regularly.