How do you fix the Joy-Con Ghost movement?
You’ll be asked to move your joystick in a specific direction and let go. Eventually, after doing this left, right, up and down, you’ll be prompted to rotate your control stick in a circle clockwise. One of the easiest ways to fix Joy-Con drift is by cleaning the joystick with isopropyl alcohol.
Does Nintendo fix Joycons for Free 2021?
The company will now repair drifting Joy-Con controllers for free, even if your controllers are outside the regular warranty. But Nintendo hasn’t changed the design of the controllers, and it’s still an issue today, even on the refreshed Switch models that launched last year.
How do I get rid of Joy-Con drift?
Joy-Con Drift Solutions
- Why is it happening?
- Perform a system update.
- Recalibrate your Joy-Cons.
- Fix drift with compressed air.
- Add foam or cardboard.
- Replace the analog stick.
- Prevent it from happening.
- Nintendo warranties and official repairs.
How long does it take to repair Joy-Cons?
The general consensus seems to indicate that Joy Con repairs by Nintendo take roughly 2 weeks. Some people have reported a turn-around of as quick as 3 days.
How do I ship Joy-Cons?
Complete these steps
- Use a plain box (not padded envelopes or the original box that the item came in—the box you use will be recycled).
- If you are sending a system, wrap it in clear kitchen cling wrap prior to packaging.
- Unless the repair requires additional items, remove all games and any additional accessories.
Do New Joycons drift?
In case you didn’t know, more and more Nintendo Switch users over the last couple of years have reported experiencing some degree of “drift” with their Joy-Con controllers. That also means it’s the controller that’s most likely to wear down first due to repeated use.