Table of Contents
How do I transfer data from Raspberry Pi to Azure IoT hub?
Run a sample application on Pi
- Connect to your Raspberry Pi with one of the following SSH clients from your host computer: Windows Users. a. Download and install PuTTY for Windows.
- Install all packages for the sample. The installation includes Azure IoT device SDK, BME280 Sensor library, and Wiring Pi library. Bash Copy.
How do I send sensor data to Azure IoT hub?
Add an input to the Stream Analytics job
- Open the Stream Analytics job.
- Under Job topology, select Inputs.
- In the Inputs pane, select Add stream input, then select IoT Hub from the drop-down list. On the new input pane, enter the following information: Input alias: Enter a unique alias for the input.
- Select Save.
How do I connect my Raspberry Pi to Azure IoT hub Python?
IoT Hub Raspberry Pi 3 Client application
- Step 1: Set up your Pi. Enable SSH on your Pi.
- Step 2: Connect your sensor with your Pi. Connect with a physical BME280 sensor and LED.
- Step 3: Download and setup referenced modules. Clone the client application to local:
- Step 4: Run your client application.
How do I add IoT device to Azure IoT hub?
Register a new device in the IoT hub
- In your IoT hub navigation menu, open Devices, then select Add Device to add a device in your IoT hub.
- In Create a device, provide a name for your new device, such as myDeviceId, and select Save.
- After the device is created, open the device from the list in the Devices pane.
How do I connect my IoT device to IoT hub?
Register a device in the IoT hub for your device
- In the Azure portal, open your IoT hub.
- Click Device Explorer.
- In the Device Explorer pane, click Add to add a device to your IoT hub. Then do the following: Device ID: Enter the ID of the new device. Device IDs are case sensitive.
How do I connect Raspberry Pi sensors?
Connect a PIR motion sensor
- Connect the PIR sensor’s pin labelled VCC to the 5V pin on the Raspberry Pi. This provides power to the PIR sensor.
- Connect the one labelled GND to a ground pin on the Pi (also labelled GND). This completes the circuit.
- Connect the one labelled OUT to any numbered GPIO pin on the Pi.
How do I send data to Azure IoT hub using Python?
- Prerequisites. An active Azure account.
- Receive messages in the simulated device app. In this section, you create a Python console app to simulate the device and receive cloud-to-device messages from the IoT hub.
- Get the IoT hub connection string.
- Send a cloud-to-device message.
- Run the applications.
- Next steps.