Table of Contents
- 1 How do I select the first row of a table in SQL?
- 2 How do I select the first row in MySQL?
- 3 How do I select a row from a table in SQL Server?
- 4 How do I print the first row in SQL?
- 5 How do I select a specific row?
- 6 How do I select a specific row number in MySQL?
- 7 How do I select a specific row number in a table in SQL?
- 8 What query would you use to select the top 10 rows from a MySQL database table?
How do I select the first row of a table in SQL?
The SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax: SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name.
- MySQL Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name.
- Oracle 12 Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name.
- Older Oracle Syntax: SELECT column_name(s)
- Older Oracle Syntax (with ORDER BY): SELECT *
How do I select the first row in MySQL?
To get the first row use LIMIT 1 . To get the 2nd row you can use limit with an offset: LIMIT 1, 1 . To get the last row invert the order (change ASC to DESC or vice versa) then use LIMIT 1 .
How do I select a specific row in a table in MySQL?
MySQL SELECT statement is used to retrieve rows from one or more tables….Arguments:
|* , ALL||Indicating all columns.|
|column||Columns or list of columns.|
|table||Indicates the name of the table from where the rows will be retrieved.|
|DISTINCT||DISTINCT clause is used to retrieve unique rows from a table.|
How do I select a row from a table in SQL Server?
Basic SQL Server SELECT statement
- First, specify a list of comma-separated columns from which you want to query data in the SELECT clause.
- Second, specify the source table and its schema name on the FROM clause.
How do I print the first row in SQL?
In MySQL you can use you can use limit clause.
- Microsoft SQL Server => SELECT TOP 10 column FROM table.
- PostgreSQL and MySQL => SELECT column FROM table LIMIT 10.
- Oracle => select * from (SELECT column FROM table ) WHERE ROWNUM <= 10 (thanks to stili)
- Sybase => SET rowcount 10 SELECT column FROM table.
How do I select only the first row?
To return only the first row that matches your SELECT query, you need to add the LIMIT clause to your SELECT statement. The LIMIT clause is used to control the number of rows returned by your query. When you add LIMIT 1 to the SELECT statement, then only one row will be returned.
How do I select a specific row?
To select rows using selection symbols for character or graphic data, use the LIKE keyword in a WHERE clause, and the underscore and percent sign as selection symbols. You can create multiple row conditions, and use the AND, OR, or IN keywords to connect the conditions.
How do I select a specific row number in MySQL?
First, define a variable named @row_number and set its value to 0. The @row_number is a session variable indicated by the @ prefix. Then, select data from the table employees and increase the value of the @row_number variable by one for each row. We use the LIMIT clause to constrain a number of returned rows to five.
How do I reference a specific row in SQL?
For SQL Server, a generic way to go by row number is as such: SET ROWCOUNT @row –@row = the row number you wish to work on.
How do I select a specific row number in a table in SQL?
If you’d like to number each row in a result set, SQL provides the ROW_NUMBER() function. This function is used in a SELECT clause with other columns. After the ROW_NUMBER() clause, we call the OVER() function….Discussion:
What query would you use to select the top 10 rows from a MySQL database table?
MySQL Select Top 10 distinct Here’s the SQL query to select top 10 distinct rows using DISTINCT keyword. mysql> select distinct * from sales limit 10; Hopefully, now you can easily select top N rows in MySQL.