How do I install MySQL on my computer?
The process for installing MySQL from a ZIP Archive package is as follows:
- Extract the main archive to the desired install directory.
- Create an option file.
- Choose a MySQL server type.
- Initialize MySQL.
- Start the MySQL server.
- Secure the default user accounts.
How do I download and install MySQL on Windows 10?
Download and install MySQL database server. You can download the MySQL community server from this location. Once the installer has been downloaded, double-click the setup file to start the installation process. On the Choosing a Setup Type page, you can see four installation options.
How do I start MySQL?
Select the option to run MySQL as a service. Launch the MySQL Command-Line Client. To launch the client, enter the following command in a Command Prompt window: mysql -u root -p . The -p option is needed only if a root password is defined for MySQL.
How do I download MySQL database on Windows?
- Download the MySQL Installer from dev.mysql.com. The two download options are a web-community version and a full version.
- Run the installer that you downloaded from its location on your server, generally by double-clicking.
How do I know if MySQL is installed?
- Case 1:-MySQL is installed or not.
- Direxists function(Here you can Check whether MySQL directory exists in program files or not )
- Filexists function(with this you can check required MySQL files are there in the users systems )
- Query the registry with the MySQL registry Key names.
How do I run MySQL on Windows?
Install the MySQL database server only and select Server Machine as the configuration type. Select the option to run MySQL as a service. Launch the MySQL Command-Line Client. To launch the client, enter the following command in a Command Prompt window: mysql -u root -p .
How do I enable MySQL on Windows?
Start MySQL Server
- sudo service mysql start. Start MySQL Server using using init.d.
- sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start. Start MySQL Server using systemd.
- sudo systemctl start mysqld. Start MySQL Server on Windows.