Table of Contents
- 1 How do I create a MOOC platform?
- 2 What are the two main types of massive open online course MOOC?
- 3 Do MOOCs give UCAS points?
- 4 What should not be included in designing courses in MOOC?
- 5 How old do you have to be to do a MOOC?
- 6 What are the best massive online open courses?
- 7 Should you pay for MOOCs and online courses?
- 8 What are the main shortcomings of MOOCs?
How do I create a MOOC platform?
Ten Simple Rules for Developing a MOOC
- Rule 1: Educator Mission—Establish the Purpose.
- Rule 2: What Is a MOOC?— Experience a MOOC Firsthand.
- Rule 3: Select a MOOC Provider.
- Rule 4: Decide on Subject Matter.
- Rule 5: Determine Governance.
- Rule 6: Design Your MOOC.
- Rule 7: Pilot Test Your MOOC.
- Rule 8: Promote the MOOC.
What are the two main types of massive open online course MOOC?
What are Massive open online courses (MOOCs)?
- Instructional Design Certificate (Fully Online).
- ADDIE Instructional Design Certificate Program (Fully Online).
- Instructional Design Models Certificate (Fully Online).
What is the biggest online course platform?
What Are the Best Online Learning Platforms?
- Udemy. Udemy is one of the best online course platform marketplaces with over 24 million students, 35,000 instructors, and unbelievable 80,000+ courses.
- Shaw Academy.
- LinkedIn Learning.
Do MOOCs give UCAS points?
There are very few that offer formal qualifications such as UCAS points. However, most have a form of certificate that proves they participated in the course.
What should not be included in designing courses in MOOC?
Drawbacks mentioned include words such as, ‘cumbersome’, ‘too linear’, rigid’, and ‘inhibits creativity’. Khan’s Framework is different from traditional design models; it’s holistic. Not only does it address the design phase, but goes beyond by including elements critical to a MOOC’s success and sustainability.
Are Coursera courses MOOCs?
Coursera is an online education provider that offers online courses, popularly known as MOOCs or Massive Open Online Courses, from top universities around the world.
How old do you have to be to do a MOOC?
1. The minimum age is 13, like Facebook. It’s important to be aware that participants come into contact with potentially thousands of other students of all ages worldwide. There are less likely to be courses suitable for under 16’s unless they are gifted and talented.
What are the best massive online open courses?
The 9 best MOOCs platforms EdX. Courses on EdX are interesting but c an be quite challenging. Coursera. Coursera offers over 500 courses from more than a hundred universities. Khan Academy. Everything on Khan Academy is free. Udemy. Canvas. FutureLearn. Udacity. Open Education Europa. The Open University.
What are some problems with MOOCs?
High attrition rates One of the biggest disadvantages is that students are not interested in completing the course.
Should you pay for MOOCs and online courses?
The effectiveness of free MOOCs has been questioned in the past owing to their low student completion rates hence some MOOCs providers such as Coursera, Udacity, FutureLearn and edX have options that allow students to pay for MOOCs. Here are some benefits of paying for online courses & MOOCs. 1. Ensures authenticity
What are the main shortcomings of MOOCs?
One of the biggest problems with MOOCs is their impersonal nature . In many cases, thousands of students enroll in a single section with a single instructor. Sometimes the instructor is only a “facilitator” rather than the course creator, and other times the instructor is absent altogether.