Table of Contents
What should I eat to reduce bilirubin?
- Drink at least eight glasses of fluids per day.
- Consider adding milk thistle to your routine.
- Opt for fruits like papaya and mango, which are rich in digestive enzymes.
- Eat at least 2 1/2 cups of veggies and 2 cups of fruit per day.
- Look for high-fiber foods, such as oatmeal, berries, and almonds.
How can I lower my bilirubin in my newborn?
Treatments to lower the level of bilirubin in your baby’s blood may include:
- Enhanced nutrition.
- Light therapy (phototherapy).
- Intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg).
- Exchange transfusion.
How can I lower my bilirubin levels naturally?
To improve liver function and help lower bilirubin levels, eat a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables. Westend61/Getty Images To lower bilirubin levels, you should drink lots of water, avoid alcohol, eat fruits and vegetables, and increase your fiber intake.
Does bilirubin help liver problems?
If you can get it raw, it will work more effectively in improving the condition of your liver. Bilirubin is produced as a byproduct of the replacement of old blood cells with new blood cells.
What is the source of bilirubin in the body?
Bilirubin is produced as a byproduct of the replacement of old blood cells with new blood cells. The liver is responsible for breaking bilirubin down into a form that can be excreted. There are a variety of dietary changes that will help you to reduce your bilirubin levels naturally.
Are tomatoes good for bilirubin levels?
Tomatoes have the highest level of this compound, so enjoying them regularly can maintain healthy bilirubin levels. Avoid unhealthy foods: Sugar and fat can wreak havoc on your liver, causing sickness and impairing its function. When your liver cannot function well, bilirubin levels can go up.